- 8 cups Chocolate Chex™ cereal
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup Reese’s™ minis peanut butter cups, halved (from 8-oz package)
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 10 caramels, unwrapped, chopped
- 1 tablespoon whipping cream
- 1/2 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup white vanilla baking chips
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- In large microwavable bowl, measure cereal; set aside. Line cookie sheet with waxed paper or foil.
- In 2-cup microwavable measuring cup, microwave brown sugar, granulated sugar, butter and water uncovered on High 1 to 2 minutes, stirring after 1 minute, until melted and smooth. Stir in baking soda until dissolved. Pour over cereal, stirring until evenly coated.
- Microwave cereal mixture uncovered on High 3 minutes, stirring every minute. Spread on cookie sheet. Cool 10 minutes. Break into bite-size pieces. Evenly sprinkle peanut butter cups and marshmallows over mixture.
- In small microwavable bowl, microwave chopped caramels and cream uncovered on High 1 minute or until caramel is melted and smooth. Use spoon or fork to drizzle over mixture.
- In another small microwavable bowl, microwave milk chocolate chips uncovered on High 30 to 60 seconds; stir until smooth. If necessary, microwave additional 5 seconds at a time. Place in resealable food-storage plastic bag; cut off small corner of bag. Squeeze bag to drizzle over mixture.
- In another small microwavable bowl, microwave white vanilla baking chips uncovered on High 30 to 60 seconds; stir until smooth. If necessary, microwave additional 5 seconds at a time. Place in resealable food-storage plastic bag; cut off small corner of bag. Squeeze bag to drizzle over mixture. Immediately sprinkle salt over mixture while drizzles are still wet. Refrigerate until set. Break apart, and store in tightly covered container.
- Method Note: Pay special attention when melting chocolate in the microwave — scorching or burning the chocolate can happen very quickly.
- Substitution: Substitute 1/2 cup caramel bits for chopped caramels. Caramel bits can be found in the baking aisle.
Serving Size: Calories 530 (Calories from Fat 170); Total Fat 18g (Saturated Fat 8g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 20mg; Sodium 530mg; Total Carbohydrate 84g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 64g); Protein 6g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 10%; Vitamin C 4%; Calcium 20%; Iron 35%
Exchanges: 3 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Vegetable; 0 High-Fat Meat; 5 1/2 Carbohydrate Choice
MyPyramid Servings: 1 tsp Fats & Oils; 0 oz-eq Grains; 0 oz-eq Meat & Beans *% Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.