- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened baking cocoa
- 6 cups Peanut Butter Chex™ cereal
- 1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups cocktail peanuts
- 1 1/2 cups mini chocolate-covered peanut butter cups
- In 1-gallon resealable food-storage plastic bag, mix together powdered sugar and baking cocoa; set aside.
- In medium bowl, measure 3 cups cereal; set aside.
- In small microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips, peanut butter and butter uncovered on High 30 seconds; stir. Microwave 15 to 30 seconds longer or until mixture can be stirred smooth. Pour mixture over cereal in bowl; stir until evenly coated.
- Pour coated cereal into plastic bag with powdered sugar mixture. Seal bag; shake until well coated. Spread on cooking parchment paper to cool, about 20 minutes.
- In large bowl, toss together cooled coated cereal, remaining 3 cups cereal, the peanuts and peanut butter cups. Store in airtight container.
- For more fun, add candy-coated peanut butter pieces.
- Cooking Gluten Free? Always read labels to make sure each recipe ingredient is gluten free. Products and ingredient sources can change.
1 Serving Calories 250 (Calories from Fat 130); Total Fat 14g (Saturated Fat 4g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium 180mg; Total Carbohydrate 23g (Dietary Fiber 3g, Sugars 13g); Protein 6g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 4%; Vitamin C 4%; Calcium 4%; Iron 10%;
Exchanges: 1 1/2 Other Carbohydrate, 1 High-Fat Meat, 1 Fat
Carbohydrate Choice: 1.5