- 8 cups Rice or Corn Chex™ cereal
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup white vanilla baking chips
- 1 cup bite-size chocolate-covered caramels or milk chocolate-covered almonds
- 8 crème-filled tubular-shaped wafer cookies, each broken into fourths
- Line large rimmed baking pan with wax paper. In large microwaveable bowl, add cereal.
- In medium microwaveable bowl, add butter, brown sugar and corn syrup. Microwave on High for 1 to 2 minutes, or until mixture is bubbly and sugar is starting to dissolve. Cool 2 minutes. Carefully stir in bourbon, vanilla and nutmeg. Pour over cereal; toss to evenly coat.
- Microwave cereal mixture on High for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring after each minute, until cereal is thoroughly glazed. Spread onto baking pan to cool.
- In small microwaveable bowl, add chips and microwave on High for 30 to 45 seconds, stirring after 30 seconds, until chips are starting to melt. If necessary, continue heating in 15-second increments, stirring after each until chips are melted and smooth. Transfer melted chips to small resealable food storage bag and cut small corner off one end of bag. Drizzle on top of cereal. Cool 30 minutes, or until drizzle is set.
- Carefully break up cereal; transfer to large serving bowl and stir in caramels or almonds and cookie pieces.
- Store in closed container at room temperature.
- Vanilla crème-filled wafers are tubular-shaped cookies and are sold in a can in the cookie aisle of the grocery store.
- Brandy or dark rum may be substituted for the bourbon in this recipe.